"ASA CODE OF ETHICS"
This Trade Association
Is Built On A Solid Base
The ASA is the largest non-profit trade association of its kind serving approximately 12,000
and more than 55,000 professionals from all segments of the automobile service industry.
subscribes to the following business practices
(1) To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
To use only proven merchandise of high quality distributed by reputable firms.
(3) To employ the best skilled technicians
(4) To furnish an itemized invoice for fairly priced parts and services which clearly identifies any used or
remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
(5) To have a sense of personal obligation to each
(6) To promote good will between the motorist and members of this Association.
(7) To recommend
corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and
which are for preventative maintenance.
(8) To offer the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
(10) To obtain prior authorization for all work done,
in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
(11) To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises
cannot be kept.
(12) To maintain customer service records for one year or more.
(13) To exercise reasonable care for
the customer's property while in our possession.
(14) To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's complaints.
To cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
(16) To uphold the high standards of our profession
and always seek to correct any and all abuses within the automotive industry.
(17) To uphold the integrity of all members
of the Automotive Service Association.